Tuesday, August 2, 2011

GLAZED NUTS


YUP! YOU KNOW THE KIND! THE ONES YOU SMELL ROASTING AT ALL THE FAIRS! I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE TODAY IS MY FIRST "FAN FAVORITES" POST!!!! THIS RECIPE WAS SENT TO ME BY KATHIE AND BOY IS IT A WINNER! TASTES EXACTLY LIKE THE TREATS HUBBY & I ENJOYED ON VACATION LAST WEEK! THANK YOU KATHIE!!!!


CINNAMON ROASTED NUTS
(Like at fairs)
1 quart of whole pecans, almonds or walnuts
1 Egg White
1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Beat egg white until blended but still maintain a liquid form
Mix the nuts with the egg white coating thoroughly (I put this in a Tupperware container with a lid & shake well)
In separate container with a lid, mix sugar & cinnamon
Place nuts that have been coated in egg white into the cinnamon/sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Spread onto parchment lined cookie sheets in a single layer
Bake at 300 for 25 minutes
Cool on the cookie sheets
Separate the nuts....they will be in a big cluster.
Store in airtight container
GREAT FOR THE HOLIDAYS AS GIFTS !!

7 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, how fabulous! Thanks, Danielle and Kathie!

The Better Baker said...

Oh my! I can smell them now. They look awesome. Thanks so much for sharing this simple recipe. YUUUUUMM!!

DANIELLE said...

HOPE YOU GIRLS TRY THESE. THEY SHOULD COME WITH A WARNING....HERE IT IS...THESE ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!! LOL XOXO

Unknown said...

I love these... Thanks

Anonymous said...

I made these last year only I used light brown sugar. They were great!

Unknown said...

My family has been making this recipe for YEARS! It's exactly how my grandma makes them.

Charlcie said...

Made these today, and they were FANTASTIC! Could not stop eating them! Will be making these again and again!

Pin It button on image hover