Thursday, August 4, 2011

RED VELVET CHEESECAKE

MOVE OVER CHEESECAKE FACTORY...........

RED VELVET BROWNIE LAYERS (two 9-INCH LAYER)

2 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 T. cocoa powder
4 T red food coloring (I used red food color paste so in that case, less than 2T)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray two 9-inch round pans, line with parchment and spray again. In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, food coloring and vanilla to form a paste. Set aside.
In a mixer, cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add eggs. On low, mix in the cocoa powder paste, flour and salt. Mix only until combined. Spread evenly in the pans and bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.


Crustless Cheesecake portion:

2 sticks softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
4- 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1- 3 oz. package cook and serve vanilla pudding
4 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9" pans with shortening, line the pans with parchment and then grease the parchment. Lightly flour the pans and tap out excess over the sink. Set aside.

Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add cream cheese a little at a time until smooth. Scrape bowl down and beat again on medium speed, adding eggs one at a time. Add remaining ingredients. Mix again until smooth. Divide batter evenly between pans. You should have 8 cups of batter, so 4 cups in each pan. Smooth batter with offset spatula and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Cheesecake will puff up during baking, then deflate when taken out.

Do not turn out cheesecakes when they are finished baking. Put them directly in the freezer, and leave until frozen solid. Turn out frozen cheesecake layers and peel parchment from the bottoms. Line the pan they were in with enough parchment or wax paper to hang over the sides of the pan. Place the cheesecakes back in the pans. Keep in fridge until ready to layer.


.
White Chocolate Frosting: You may have extra depending how much frosting you like in your layers. I have also skipped this layer and instead made a whipped cream and folded in some white chocolate. Just another idea!

2 sticks butter, at room temperature
5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 tsp. vanilla
8 ounces white chocolate, melted (melt slowly & carefully in microwave)
3 tablespoons milk (approx.)

Cream butter in mixer till fluffy. Add vanilla. On low, mix in powdered sugar, then white chocolate. Add milk to reach desired consistency. Whip on medium a few seconds till fluffy.

Assembly-place cheesecake layer on platter first. Spread with frosting. Then top with red velvet brownie layer. Repeat frosting and layers. Top the cake with extra frosting or just powdered sugar. Serve with a nice big dollop of whipped cream. YUMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!




21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super YUM!!! I'm glad that hopped over from Recipe Sharing Monday.

DANIELLE said...

yay!!! i am glad u did, too!!!! xo

Lisa~~ said...

WOW!

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Torviewtoronto said...

deliciously layered cheesecake

DANIELLE said...

THANK U!!

Anne@frommysweetheart said...

What a gorgeous cheesecake! Dee from Deelicious Sweets sent me over for a closer look! Awesome! : )

Molly @ Toffee Bits and Chocolate Chips said...

wow this looks fantastic! Nice job!

Teri said...

Wow! This looks amazing. I love red velvet and love, love, love cheesecake. I will be trying this soon!! I linked to your post from Fat Camp Friday. Thanks!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Wowza! Awesome recipe to match the Cheesecake Factory's version. This is a true keeper to me! Now following you and I dearly hope and invite you to my weekend foodie blog hop where 8 blogs are featured each week. I'd love to feature this recipe post of yours! See ya, roz

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. said...

OMG! The red velvet cheesecake from CF is one of my all-time favorite desserts! I will have to attempt this recipe! So glad I saw this on Deelicious Sweets!

Kim Bee said...

New follower from Dee's blog hop. Great recipe, love your blog!

DANIELLE said...

THANK U ALL FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS!! SO GLAD WE'VE "FOUND" EACH OTHER IN BAKING LAND!!!

Unknown said...

This looks divine! I MUST make it this weekend. Oh gracious I can't wait. This is my first visit to your blog. I love it!

DANIELLE said...

THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING MARY!!!! I HOPE U LOVE IT AS MUCH AS WE DID!! MMMMMMMM! COME BACK ON WEDNESDAY AND LINK UP A RECIPE FOR WONKA WEDNESDAY!!! (LIKE THAT YUMMY CARROT CAKE OF YOURS I SEE!!!)

Maggie Lamarre said...

omg omg omg i can't believe this recipe wowzer.
I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

DANIELLE said...

WOO HOO! I WILL BE THERE!!!!! HOPE YOU'LL LINK UP HERE TOMORROW AS WELL-BLOG PARTY EVERY WED-WONKA WEDNESDAYS!! XO

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Danielle, I truly believe that this cheesecake recipe is so awesome that I featured it today on Fresh Food Friday. I hope that you can stop by , check it out, grab the button if you like, and add 2 or 3 more of your recipes! Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

OMG! That looks awesome! I need a piece.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

How did I miss this decadent beauty! Saw that you were featured on Roz's blog today! CONGRATS!

DANIELLE said...

WOW ROZ-WHAT A COMPLIMENT-I AM THRILLLLLLLLLED!!!!!!! PERMAMNENT POSIES-I SAVE U A PIECE! LIZ, I DIDN'T REALIZE U MISSED IT-MUST HAVE BEEN AWAY-HOPE U NOTICED THE LINK TO YOU!! XOXO

Unknown said...

Danielle....How do you think up these amazing treats? They are all so beautiful and must be absolutely wonderfully tasty!

Pin It button on image hover