Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TWIX THUMBPRINT COOKIES & A TWIX TART

THE TART....

THE THUMBPRINT COOKIES...





WHEN I MADE HOMEMADE TWIX BARS, I KNEW I HIT A HOMERUN! WELL, IF THOSE ARE A HOMERUN, THESE ARE A DOUBLE HEADER! WOW, IS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THESE LITTLE BITES OF HEAVEN!

NOW, LET'S START BY MAKING HOMEMADE DULCE DE LECHE...DON'T BE SCARED-THIS IS EASSSSY!!!!
DULCE DE LECHE- PREHEAT OVEN TO 425. POUR 1 CAN SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK IN AN 8X8 PAN AND PLACE IN A LARGER PAN - FILL WITH HOT WATER SO IT'S HALFWAY UP THE PYREX. COVER THE 8X8 WITH FOIL AND BAKE 60-90 MINS. I NOW PREFER THE 90 MINS! LET COOL.


COOKIE TIME:
2 sticks butter
2/3 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
dulce de leche (recipe above)
milk chocolate chips, melted

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add salt and flour until soft dough forms. Roll into balls and press centers to indent with thumb or kitchen tool. I used the end of my gnocchi maker for this-hee hee! Here's a pic:

Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Cool.

Once cooled, fill the centers with the dulce de leche and drizzle melted chocolate across the tops.

For fun, I used some of the dough to make a Twix Tart! I used mini tart pans from Williams Sonoma!  Just press in the dough and bake for 15 mins or until set and lightly golden.  Then fill as you would the cookies!!!!  If using mini pans that do not have removable bottoms, pop the out of the tins when cool-before filling!! Yummmmmmy


recipe inspired from black peppercorn











Our Delightful Home







28 comments:

Linda said...

These look freakin amazing! Omg!

Anonymous said...

Yummo. You had me at Twix. I'd love if you could link up to Thursday Food Fest at http://www.theeaseoffreeze.com. I open Wed at 7pm. Hope to see you! Sarah

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

You know me and caramel!!! These will make my Christmas baking list :)

Unknown said...

seriously amazing!

Dip It In Chocolate said...

Looks so yummy! I think you might have a caramel problem... ;)

Debra Kapellakis said...

As always dear you are killing me softly with your mouthwatering photo's and recipes... :P Who else could make a Twix even BETTER?

Sandra Lee said...

Too bad drooling doesn't burn calories!

gina said...

These cookies are delicious and the tart is a good idea. These pictures are beautiful.
My mouth is watering.

Sugar said...

so many glorious ways to enjoy a homemade twix! Great work.

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box said...

What a fantastic idea! I've got to try this. I hope mine turn out as gorgeous as yours. Pinned :)

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

These look beautiful and scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Maria Asay said...

I have to give these a try! My husband's favorite candy bar is Twix. These look delicious!

Kaz said...

Wow. My hubby's eyes just lit up. These are on the to do list. Thanks for sharing at Melting Moments :)

Erin said...

These look absolutely amazing! I still haven't made the Twix bars. For some reason these look easier. I like that =o) And your little Twix Tart is awesome looking! I'd eat them all!

Kim (Sunflower Supper Club) said...

These look incredible! Twix is my family's favorite. These are in the must make pile. Saw you over at Addicted to Recipes link party. Would love for you to share this or something else at our Weekend Potluck link party. Your page is darling!
~Kim
http://sunflowersupperclub.blogspot.com/2012/07/weekend-potluck-28.html

Unknown said...

Wow! They look delicious!! My mouth is watering, haha.

Visiting from Sunday Sweeties link up.

- Jaime
mrsmamapanda.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

They look sinful lol! I want some now! I'm pinning these :)

Jaime said...

Oh goodness, I should not have clicked on this link! This is not going to help my candy addiction at all!! ;) I purposely try to avoid all of the 'homemade' candy recipes but I couldn't resist yours, the Twix & your pictures sucked me in!!

I'd love to invite you to share your recipe at my link party ~ Mom's Test Meal Mondays

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Cheerios and Lattes said...

Great post! The cookies look amazing! Thanks for linking up on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back again this week with some more of you great ideas.
-Mackenzie
http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

Mackenzie said...

You are a featured favorite at Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes this week! Thanks again for sharing!
Mackenzie :)

sweetcrunch.Blogspot.com said...

this is adorable! thanks for sharing!:)

Unknown said...

Twix are my favorite!!!! This looks great! I've nominate you for the Versatile Blogger award-you can check it out here: http://bakingblissful.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
Congrats! :)

Debra Kapellakis said...

amazing recipe and photo's...drooling...

Anonymous said...

I need a printable version please.....

DANIELLE said...

USE THE GREEN PRINT FRIENDLY BUTTON

Unknown said...

These look absolutely delicious! Twix is my favorite candy. My mom shared this recipe with me. I'm using this for a cookie exchange we're doing at work. Does anyone know how many each batch of cookies yields though?

Unknown said...

can you tell me how much is a STICK of butter???...this looks so good...thanks

DANIELLE said...

1 stick = 8 tablespoons or 1/2cup

Pin It button on image hover