Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
Step 1-Make Caramel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Add sugar and water into a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Once sugar has dissolved increase heat to high. Swirl pan to keep the mixture moving. The mixture will start to bubble after a minute. As the mixture darkens to a medium amber color, approximately 5-7 minutes add butter and cream to saucepan. The mixture will bubble wildly. Set aside.
- 1 1/2 oz. sweetened coconut, about 1/2 cup
- 2 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup caramel, warm not hot
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1.7 oz Rolo candy packs
- To make cookie
- Spread coconut into a thin layer on a bake sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, turning as it bakes until golden. Cool.
- Put toasted coconut and flour in a food processor until finely ground. Add in baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer, combine caramel and sugars until well combined. Add egg, corn syrup and vanilla. Add flour mixture on low.
- Make scoops of dough and place a rolo inside of each. Roll into a ball and bake on parchment for approx 10 mins. Cool.
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 4-5 tablespoons water, warm
- Place chocolate and cream in microwave until melted. Add sugar and water. Dip cookies in chocolate and top with coconut and rolos!