Monday, February 18, 2013

HOMEMADE "WHATCHAMACALLIT CANDY BARS"...WOW!!!!

IT'S TIME FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB REVEAL AGAIN!!! FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB, EVERYONE IS GIVEN THE NAME OF A BLOG (SECRETLY) AND YOU CHOOSE ONE RECIPE TO MAKE FROM THAT BLOG. THEN, EVERYONE POSTS AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME GIVEN DAY....TODAY!!!! IT IS FUN TO DISCOVER WHO HAD YOUR BLOG AND TO REVEAL THE ONE YOU WERE SECRETLY BAKING/COOKING FROM ALL ALONG!

This month I received Yumsilicious Bakes! When I saw her recipe for Whatchamacallit bars I knew I had found my winning recipe!  This recipe came from one of her past Secret Recipe Challenges via the blog Mele CotteYou have to try this candy bar...it's outrageous!!!  The only change I made was to use peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch chips!  Here is the recipe as I made it!







 


 



Ingredients:
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
6 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups  Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips

 Instructions:

  1. Line 9x13 pan with nonstick foil.  Place the Rice Krispies in a large bowl, that allows space for mixing.
  2. In a medium saucepan, mix together the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Melt, remove from heat and add the peanut butter chips. Stir until melted completely.
  3. Pour this mixture over the Rice Krispies, and stir/toss to coat evenly. This takes a few minutes.  Transfer into the prepared pan, and pack it in tightly into an even layer.   Freeze until set.
  4. Once set (about 10 minutes),  cut them into candy bars. Lay out some wax paper on a pan.
  5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave.  Using a spoon, dip each bar into the chocolate, ensuring it is coated on all sides, and lay onto the wax paper.  Add a design on top, if desired.  Chill until set!
 

14 comments:

Chris said...

I love that you tried these! They are always a favorite. Yours look beautiful! :)

Chris (melecotte.com)

Erin said...

How is it that I can see a picture on the linky and know instantly that it's yours?!?! AMAZING! You are a dessert goddess! I wish we were neighbors!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

As usual, your pictures are killer! I used to buy these when I was a kid, I don't think I've had them since. I'll have to make them!

Chelsy Ethridge said...

Absolutely amazing! I'll take 5!

Toni said...

Unbelievable! Those look so good I want to lick the screen. Pinning!!

Melissa said...

These look amazing! I'm definitely pinning this recipe so I can make them...ASAP! Great SRC choice!

Gloria Baker said...

Those bars look absolutely amazing!:)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, yum! I want these!!! I just knew these gorgeous bars were from you...and I heartily approve of the change to peanut butter...swooning...

Heather said...

yum, I think I need to make these now... your pics look wonderful, too. I'm new to group C, so I hope you stop by and visit! http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2013/02/avocado-cup-salad.html

Desi said...

mmm love the ingredient list, this sounds like my kinda candy bar!!!

I had your blog this month, so many great treats to choose from!! I made your homemade salted caramel sauce + some of those chocolate dipped potato chips with caramel. Never eating regular chips again :)

Laura Dembowski said...

I love homemade candy bars. It's so much fun to recreate childhood faves at home!

Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice said...

I totally had forgot about Whatchamacallits - always love those for the taste and because my grandpop used that phrase ALL THE TIME :)

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

Looks delicious! Great SRC choice!

Leslie said...

These sound amazing!! Yummy chocolate dipped goodness!!!
Blessings,
Leslie

Pin It button on image hover