This month I received Yumsilicious Bakes! When I saw her recipe for Whatchamacallit bars I knew I had found my winning recipe! This recipe came from one of her past Secret Recipe Challenges via the blog Mele Cotte. You have to try this candy bar...it's outrageous!!! The only change I made was to use peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch chips! Here is the recipe as I made it!
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
6 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- Line 9x13 pan with nonstick foil. Place the Rice Krispies in a large bowl, that allows space for mixing.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Melt, remove from heat and add the peanut butter chips. Stir until melted completely.
- Pour this mixture over the Rice Krispies, and stir/toss to coat evenly. This takes a few minutes. Transfer into the prepared pan, and pack it in tightly into an even layer. Freeze until set.
- Once set (about 10 minutes), cut them into candy bars. Lay out some wax paper on a pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Using a spoon, dip each bar into the chocolate, ensuring it is coated on all sides, and lay onto the wax paper. Add a design on top, if desired. Chill until set!