Thursday, February 21, 2013

SPINACH CUPCAKES?! YOU DECIDE!






Everyone has different taste! My buds are geared more toward chocolate but this is for my healthier friends!
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 6oz spinach, you need 1 cup puree
  • 3/4 cup of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice (I omitted)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
Remove stems from spinach and puree in a food processor. 
Beat eggs and sugar.  Add oil, lemon juice (if using) and your pureed spinach.
Add the dry ingredients and bake in muffin tins 15-20 mins depending on size.

THESE ADORABLE BAKING CUPS ARE FROM Bakers Stock-THEY ARE AMAZING!!! CHECK THEM OUT!
 
Recipe adapted from Mom What's For Dinner-thanks for your unique recipe-was so fun to try! 

3 comments:

donika@momwhats4dinner.com said...

Thanks for trying it out, and for adding the link Danielle! <3
~Donika

Meg McMaster said...

I love how someone would want to claim the recipe as theirs but not want to put their name or proof to what they say! Having said my piece, I would try these and eat it with a meal sort of the way you would a corn muffin. It sounds interesting! My mom always served spinach with Roast Pork for some reason so why not a Spinach Muffin on the side!!

DANIELLE said...

Thanks Meg, I found that pretty interesting too!!! Guess I will have to change my settings on here lol!!!!

Pin It button on image hover