Monday, March 4, 2013

SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CAKE TOPPED WITH HOMEMADE TWIX BARS!!!!


Remember the Twix bars from last night? Well, they were made for this cake! Someone special was having a birthday and I wanted to make her a salted caramel chocolate cake topped with homemade twix bars! So, I did!  And now you can make one too!!!!!!!

Here are the links to each part of this recipe!

I used this chocolate cake-so super moist!!!!
I used this Twix bar recipe
I used this caramel recipe
And here is a new frosting I tried...loved it!!!!! You will use the caramel sauce in the frosting!!!!


12 Tablespoons soft butter, salted
8 ounces room temp cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
Splash of vanilla
1 cup homemade salted caramel (see link above)
Beat all together except the caramel in a mixer until fluffy!  Add the caramel and beat until smooth!!!

Assemble: Cake layer, frosting, second cake layer,  Coat all in frosting and top with extra caramel and homemade twix bars.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover