WELCOME TO ANOTHER MONTH OF 2 SWEETIE PIES!! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZIE (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER'S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER...AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!! THIS MONTH I MADE HER CARAMEL PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPY BARS TOPPED WITH A THICK, CHOCOLATE GLAZE. I AM SURE YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW DELICIOUS THESE ARE AND YOU'D BE RIGHT!!! EVERYTHING I TRY FROM LIZZIE IS WONDERFUL AND THIS RECIPE IS NO DIFFERENT....IT'S PERFECT! THANKS FOR ANOTHER KEEPER, LIZZIE!
- For the Krispy layer:
- 1 3/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- For the milk chocolate peanut butter layer:
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- For the dark chocolate top layer:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Line 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil.
- Pour the water into a small pot and carefully add the sugar and corn syrup into the center of the pan. Stir with a spoon until it reaches 235º on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, stir in the melted butter and pour the mixture over the cereal in a bowl. Stir to coat and press into the pan using a silicone spatula. Stick in the freezer to cool.
- For the chocolate peanut butter layer: In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and chocolate. Stir to combine and pour over the crust. Stick back in the freezer until firm.
- Make the dark chocolate glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate, corn syrup and butter till melted. Stir and spread over the peanut butter layer. Chill again!
- Cut into squares. Keep squares chilled.
PLEASE GO SHOW LIZZIE SOME LOVE AND TELL HER I SENT YOU!
You can also visit Lizzie on:Facebook