WELCOME TO ANOTHER MONTH OF 2 SWEETIE PIES!! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZIE (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER'S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER...AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!! THIS MONTH I MADE LIZZY'S FUDGE AND TOFFEE FILLED CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS. UMMMM.....YES, YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW INCREDIBLE THEY WERE. I USE THE WORD "WERE" BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL GONE...AND THEIR DISAPPEARANCE WAS FAST!!!!
Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 15 (4 ounces) fun size Heath bars, cut into chunks (I used 4 ounces of Heath pre-crushed bits)
Adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake via Buns in My Oven
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with non stick foil.
- Make cookie dough by creaming butter and sugar, then mixing in egg. Mix in flour, salt and baking soda, then chocolate chips.
- Press about 2/3 of dough into the bottom of the pan. Use offset spatula to evenly cover bottom of pan with dough.
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle Heath bar chunks over melted chocolate.
- Take spoonfuls of remaining dough and drop over chocolate layer. Carefully spread out lumps of dough with spatula. It will not totally cover chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set & golden.
- Remove from oven and cool. Chill before cutting.
- Yield: 16 bars
You can also visit Lizzie on:Facebook