2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
yellow food coloring
Preheat oven to 325 and grease a Twinkie pan with Coconut oil spray as I did or Pam.
1. Beat butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Combine dry ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts alternating with milk. Begin and end with dry ingred.
5. Add a drop of yellow food coloring to look Twinkie like!
6. Pour 1 scant ice cream scoop full into each Twinkie mold.
7. Bake about 15 mins.
Poke 3 holes in bottom using a wide pastry tip. Use a skinnier tip to pipe in the whipped cream. Recipe below.
- CREAM RECIPE:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Add the cold water to a small bowl, then sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, until it has set.
- In a small skillet, add about 1/2-inch of water, and heat over medium-high heat. Place the small bowl with the gelatin directly inside the skillet. Stir the gelatin until it is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the skillet.
- In the mixer, use whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream & powdered sugar. Beat on high to soft peaks. Add in the melted gelatin mixture and continue to beat until stiff peaks have formed.
*** NOTE: I BOUGHT MY TWINKIE PAN AT SUR LA TABLE