Saturday, August 17, 2013

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE TRIFLES SERVED IN YOUR FINEST CRYSTAL GLASSES

Why do we save our crystal glasses for holidays? Lucky for me, my mom cooks most holiday dinners and when I do host the holiday....I use paper goods!  (shhhhhhh!!!!!!!)  So.... my gorgeous china has not had much kitchen action!  How silly!  So why not eat a totally decadent death by chocolate trifle in a stunning glass!  I say, Bring it on!!!!!
 Homemade Chocolate Cake, Hot Fudge Topping, Oreos and Whipped Cream.  Just keep repeating these 4 decadent ingredients until you reach the top.  Throw on a cherry and dig in! Best eaten when the kids are asleep because they are NOT eating out of my crystal glasses.  I mean, I have to draw the line somewhere, don't I? LOL! Chocolate cake recipe below!!!



Fabulous Chocolate Cake Recipe:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cups cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup hot coffee
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla 


    1. Preheat oven to 350.Line two 9x13 pans with nonstick foil.
    2. In a mixer, combine dry ingredients.
    3. Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
    4. Divide batter among pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
    This recipe makes 2 cakes. Freeze one for another time if only making a few trifles.  You can, of course, use this same concept and make a large trifle in a standard trifle dish! 

    Assembly:
    Cut the cake into small squares. Layer Cake, Hot Fudge Topping, Oreos and Whipped Cream.  Just keep repeating these 4 decadent ingredients until you reach the top.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover