Why do we save our crystal glasses for holidays? Lucky for me, my mom cooks most holiday dinners and when I do host the holiday....I use paper goods! (shhhhhhh!!!!!!!) So.... my gorgeous china has not had much kitchen action! How silly! So why not eat a totally decadent death by chocolate trifle in a stunning glass! I say, Bring it on!!!!!Homemade Chocolate Cake, Hot Fudge Topping, Oreos and Whipped Cream. Just keep repeating these 4 decadent ingredients until you reach the top. Throw on a cherry and dig in! Best eaten when the kids are asleep because they are NOT eating out of my crystal glasses. I mean, I have to draw the line somewhere, don't I? LOL! Chocolate cake recipe below!!!
Fabulous Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.Line two 9x13 pans with nonstick foil.
- In a mixer, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
- Divide batter among pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
This recipe makes 2 cakes. Freeze one for another time if only making a few trifles. You can, of course, use this same concept and make a large trifle in a standard trifle dish!
Cut the cake into small squares. Layer Cake, Hot Fudge Topping, Oreos and Whipped Cream. Just keep repeating these 4 decadent ingredients until you reach the top.