I Know Lizzy's recipes always turn out great so I went ahead and doubled it and made it in a 9x13-worked out perfectly!!! I only had light brown sugar on hand and it worked great so whichever kind you have on hand will be fine!
Blondies with Heath Bar Chunks-adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (I used light brown)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Heath bar chunks (2 1.4-ounce bars cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Stir in brown sugar until combined. Add egg and beat till batter becomes smooth. Mix in vanilla. Mix in flour, salt and baking soda till just combined. Fold in Heath bar and chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool, chill, then cut into bars to serve.
You can also visit Lizzie on:Facebook