WELCOME TO ANOTHER MONTH OF 2 SWEETIE PIES!! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZIE (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER'S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER...AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!! THIS MONTH I MADE LIZZY'S
PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!!!
Peanut Butter Cups
Recipe adapted from That Skinny Chick
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave, stopping and stirring at 30 second intervals till melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place 15 small liners into a mini-muffin tin. (Or use a candy mold like I did...purchased at a local candy store) With a small silicone brush, coat the inside of each cup with about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate. The coating should be about 1/8 inch thick and almost up to the top of the cup, but not over the top. Refrigerate when coating is complete.
- Gently melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals till butter is melted. Add powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press about a teaspoon of the filling into the chocolate lined cups. Spoon about a 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate (you may need to reheat chocolate slightly if it has cooled) over peanut butter to cover. Chill till firm, at least 2 hours. I sped this up by chilling in the freezer. You can also add a chocolate drizzle if desired as I did. Peel paper liners off to serve. Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 15 candies
You can also visit Lizzie on:Facebook