WELCOME TO ANOTHER MONTH OF 2 SWEETIE PIES!! I LOVE THIS DAY! MY BLOGGING BUDDY LIZZY (FROM THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE) AND I EACH BAKE FROM THE OTHER'S BLOG AND SURPRISE EACH OTHER...AND YOU-WITH WHAT WE MADE!!! TRUTH BE TOLD, I LOVE THAT EVERY RECIPE I CHOOSE IS ALWAYS A WINNER AND THIS WAS NO DIFFERENT!!!!
You can also visit Lizzie on:Facebook
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 1/8 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons caramel sauce (I used one from ABC Cake decorating-CHECK OUT THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE HERE! YOU CAN ORDER THEIR PRODUCTS HERE ON THEIR WEBSITE)
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with non-stick aluminum foil, to help remove bars from pan after baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together. In a second bowl, combine the butter and both sugars, mixing until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix to completely incorporate. Add the dry ingredients and mix till combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pat half the batter evenly in bottom of pan. Pour the caramel sauce over the cookie dough, leaving just a little space around the edges. Dollop the remaining cookie dough over the caramel. Carefully pat dough with your fingertips to distribute.The caramel will not be totally covered.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the bars are golden brown and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack. Let the bars cool completely before lifting them out of the pan and cutting into squares to serve.
Yield: 16 servings
Total time: 2 hours with cooling time