- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (I useD CUP 4 CUP flour to make these gluten free)
- 3/4 cup COCOA POWDER
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces Milk Duds
DirectionsPREHEAT oven to 350º F. Line 9x9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
COMBINE granulated sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in Milk Duds. Spread into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack and cut into squares for layering.
To decorate, melt white chocolate and drizzle on top. Here is the recipe to make the caramel I drizzled on top:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Add sugar and water into a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Once sugar has dissolved increase heat to high. Swirl the pan to keep the mixture moving. The mixture will start to bubble after a minute. As the mixture darkens to a medium amber color, approximately 5-7 minutes add butter and cream to saucepan. The mixture will bubble wildly. Let cool and drizzle on brownies. Caramel by Bakers Royale