Monday, May 20, 2013

BLACK & WHITE OREO BARS









IT'S TIME FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB REVEAL AGAIN!!! FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB, EVERYONE IS GIVEN THE NAME OF A BLOG (SECRETLY) AND YOU CHOOSE ONE RECIPE TO MAKE FROM THAT BLOG. THEN, EVERYONE POSTS AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME GIVEN DAY....TODAY!!!! IT IS FUN TO DISCOVER WHO HAD YOUR BLOG AND TO REVEAL THE ONE YOU WERE SECRETLY BAKING/COOKING FROM ALL ALONG!

THIS MONTH, I RECEIVED CINNAMON FREUD.  KAREN HAS A SUPER FUN BLOG WITH A PERFECT SPRINKLING OF SWEET TREATS!!  MY EYES LIT UP WHEN I SPIED THE OREO BLACK AND WHITE BARS! BAM! I KNEW WHAT I WAS MAKING! THESE BARS ARE AS DELISH AS THEY SOUND AND COME TOGETHER VERY QUICKLY!  GRAB SOME OREOS AND GET BAKING!  THANKS FOR A GREAT RECIPE, KAREN!


BLACK AND WHITE BARS
adapted from Cinnamon Freud

INGREDIENTS
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter, soft
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped Oreos (I USED 12 OREOS)
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk

milk chocolate chips to sprinkle on top once out of the oven

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 baking pan with nonstick foil and grease.
In mixer, combine flour, salt, and brown sugar.  Mix in butter until crumbly.  Press evenly into prepared baking pan.  Sprinkle white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips on top.  Sprinkle chopped Oreos on top.  Lightly press down.  Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly all over the top.  Bake for 20-23 minutes, until golden brown on top.  Sprinkle extra chips on top out of the oven.
Cool completely and cut into bars.  Store in refrigerator

11 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG, what sweet madness!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm a little scared to show these to my 11 year old who loves, loves, loves oreos. I'm quite sure he'd bike to the store immediately for Oreos to make these. Actually, that may not be a bad idea... ;-)

Erin said...

Heavenly!

Taryn said...

These look positively sinful!

Karen - Cinnamon Freud said...

So glad you liked the recipe! The bars are so addictive that I have made them several times myself. :)

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

This looks divine! Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! This is what I've been craving...these bars look so good!

Jen @JuanitasCocina said...

Look at all of that gooey, chewy deliciousness!

Unknown said...

I think I'm drooling. Have to try making these!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

My eyes lit up too!Have to make these soon! Nettie

DANIELLE said...

thank u xoxo

Pin It button on image hover