FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE LASAGNA LAYERS:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- mini chocolate chips-for decorating at the end
- Preheat oven to 350.Line two 9x13 pans with nonstick foil.
- In a mixer, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
- Divide batter among pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
- INSPIRED BY OLIVE GARDEN!
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING for LASAGNA:
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- In the mixer, use whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream & powdered sugar. Beat on high to until stiff peaks have formed.
Divide each 9x13 cake in half to create 4 cake layers. Place one layer on a plate, add cream and a layer of mini chocolate chips. Repeat this until you reach the top. Decorate with mini chips or make chocolate curls. See link below for a how-to.
CHOCOLATE CURLS....VERY TRICKY TO MAKE...BUT FUN!!! CLICK HERE!