IT'S TIME FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB REVEAL AGAIN!!!
FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB, EVERYONE IS GIVEN THE NAME OF A BLOG (SECRETLY) AND YOU CHOOSE ONE RECIPE TO MAKE FROM THAT BLOG. THEN, EVERYONE POSTS AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME GIVEN DAY....TODAY!!!! IT IS FUN TO DISCOVER WHO HAD YOUR BLOG AND TO REVEAL THE ONE YOU WERE SECRETLY BAKING/COOKING FROM ALL ALONG!
THIS MONTH, I HIT THE JACKPOT WHEN I RECEIVED ANNIE'S NOMS! SO MANY AWESOME CHOICES. I SETTLED ON HER BLACK AND WHITE CHEESECAKE BARS AND SO HAPPY I DID. THESE ARE WINNING BARS!!!!
Black and White Cheesecake Bars
Author: ANNIE'S NOMS
- For the base:
- 2 sticks + 2tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- For the cheesecake filling:
- ½ cup, heaping, white chocolate chips
- 10.5oz full fat cream cheese
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- No need to preheat the oven just yet, the base needs to chill. Grease and line a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Make the base first – place the butter and sugar into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on med-high speed.
- Add in the eggs and mix until well incorporated. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together into a medium bowl and stir until well incorporated. Add the flour mix into the wet ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Reserve a ¼ of the dough and wrap in cling film. Place in the fridge.
- With the remaining ¾ of the dough, press it into the baking pan and then place it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. During this time preheat the oven to 325F.
- Once the base is chilled, place it in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly risen and puffy, turn off the oven and allow to cool completely before making the cheesecake layer.
- Once the base is cooled it’s time to make the cheesecake layer! Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the white chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl and place over a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted, then leave to one side to cool briefly.
- Place the cream cheese and icing sugar into a medium sized bowl and beat together until light and fluffy, add in the egg and mix until well incorporated, about 1 minute on med-high speed. Add in the melted chocolate and mix on low until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture all over the base and smooth slightly with a spatula. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth! Take out the reserved ¼ of the dough and crumble it over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Place in the oven for 25-35 mins (it took 30 mins in my oven) until the cheesecake is just set and the crumbled topping is slightly firm to touch.
- Leave to cool completely, once cooled place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing into 12-15 bars.
- Bars will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.