Monday, January 20, 2014

BONELESS SHORT RIBS COOKED IN THE CROCKPOT WITH COGNAC GRAVY!!! TRANSFORM THEM INTO SHORTRIB SLIDERS!

I know, I know, you can't believe I never owned a crockpot! True!  Reason why? I am afraid to leave it on when I am not home.  I finally decided to get one because everyone who owns one loves it! I wanted in on this love of delicious crockpot cooked foods.  Well, I am sold!  Once done cooking, these ribs were literally falling apart off the fork-wow!!! Here is my first crockpot meal!








Crock Pot Boneless Beef Short Ribs (4 servings)

  • 2 to 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef short ribs
  • 4 T. butter
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I was out of it so used 2T. red wine and 2T. white vinegar)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder 
  • a few mushrooms
Place cornstarch, salt and pepper in ziploc.   Add boneless ribs to coat and then brown in a skillet in the butter until browned on both sides.  Place ribs in crockpot. To the skillet, add the onions and cook a few minutes.  Add the wine, broth, vinegar, mushrooms.  Stir in sugar, garlic and chili powder.  Bring to a boil and pour over the ribs.  Cook on high 5 hours.  Remove fat from sauce.  
To thicken sauce, pour it into a pot.  Combine 2T. cornstarch and 2T. water and add to sauce. Let boil until thick. (*note, I also added about a cup of beef broth and a few Tablespoons of cognac.  Then I strained the gravy)

I shredded the ribs and served them on udi's gluten free rolls with onion and avocado!!!
Adpated from Hey, Mom! What's for Dinner?


No comments:

Pin It button on image hover