- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted (yes, I like to use salted!)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chunks
- Melt the butter and stir in sugars. Add egg, yolk and vanilla.
- Add all the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and chill in a sealed ziploc bag overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 2-3T. of dough for each cookie. Bake 10-12 minutes. They will look under baked but let them sit on the cookie sheet 10 minutes before removing. Once out of the oven, immediately press in a few more chunks to look nice!