Friday, March 9, 2012

TURTLE BARS!



HERE ARE THE PECANS AND CARAMEL HEADING INTO THE OVEN!!!


CAN I INTEREST YOU IN A BAR?



RECIPE FOR TURTLE BARS AS MADE BY http://www.melecotte.com

Bar Base

2 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup softened butter
6 oz. pecan halves

Topping

2/3 cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
10 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Place the flour, sugar, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Blend until the mixture looks coarse and crumbly. Press mixture into a 9×13-inch pan. Arrange the pecans over the flour mixture; set aside.

In a small sauce pan, melt butter and brown sugar. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil. Boil for 30 seconds, stirring constantly to make sure the mixture is fully blended. Remove from heat and pour the over the pecans-covered base. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for about 30 second-1 minute. Remove, and with an offset spatula, spread the chocolate into an even layer. Let cool in pan completely and then cut into small squares. Yields about 20-30 squares



LINKING AT SIX SISTERS STUFF

4 comments:

Chris said...

These look wonderful! Thanks for trying the turtle bars. I am excited you enjoyed them.

Erin said...

These look amazing!!!

Unknown said...

I am so cracking up! First I get your blog and make your butterfingers and now you are making my recipe for turtle bars by way of Chris who got my blog. It's like a Dr Seuss book! BTW, I loved your Dr Seuss cookies.

I'm glad you liked bars. Here's the link to the originals that I made. I was too lazy to spread or melt the chocolate - ha. I figured anyway I can cut corners.

http://fromchapelhilltochickenville.blogspot.com/2010/11/sick-good-turtle-bars.html

Trisha said...

My word! These bars look fantastic. Great job!

Pin It button on image hover